General Session Keynote – Sarita Maybin, Motivational Speaker, Communication Expert and Author
Friday 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Growing up in a military family, Sarita lived in many places, including 9 years in Germany. Moving frequently, she discovered the importance of adapting, staying positive and “playing nicely.”
After earning a Masters Degree in Counseling from the University of Maryland, College Park, Sarita pursued a career in University Administration. Over 13 years she held positions at four state universities including University of Maryland, Old Dominion University, University of California-Davis and University of California-San Diego.
Making a career change in 1993, Sarita became a full-time professional speaker. She started her speaking career as an independent contractor with CareerTrack Seminars and then moved on to her own speaking business.
Her high-energy keynote speeches and workshops help audiences have fun learning how to stay positive, confront tough communication challenges and work together better!
Sarita has spoken at campuses, companies and conferences in ALL 50 states, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Jamaica, Canada, England, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, and Iceland. Her clients include Hewlett Packard, Kaiser Permanente, WD-40, Los Angeles County, Department of Navy and the Las Vegas Convention Center among others.
Sarita was voted a 2012 Top 5 Communication Speaker and had the privilege of speaking on the prestigious TEDx stage. She also served on the Board of Directors for her local YMCA and is a recipient of other honors/awards including:
- San Diego Women Who Mean Business Finalist
- Who’s Who in the South and Southwest
- International Who’s Who of Professional and Business Women
- Outstanding Young Women of America
- Toastmasters Humorous Speech Contest Winner
- She is also a Past Chapter President of the National Speakers Association and has been interviewed by the media about her book “If You Can’t Say Something Nice, What DO You Say?”